This update features how important it is to distinguish our opinions from wisdom in this latest Core Connectivity post: Why loving tech-savvy youth requires us to surrender our opinions. Easier said than done because the world conditions us to lead conversations with our opinions which can carry hostile thoughts of condemnation and a desire to manipulate people and circumstances which inspires discord and disturbs the peace. So leading with our own opinion carries with it the risk to kill open communication essential to impart wisdom towards youth who at very early ages are exposed to adult issues in this cyber-powered world. Read more here…
- Why millennials and today’s teens may not feel loved by older generations
- Talking points about Prop 64 and marijuana use among youth
- Tips for choosing your child’s first smartphone
- Helping youth with their ‘cyber-powered’ feelings
- The most important decision parents must make about apps and devices
NEW! 2017 edition
With trainer’s matrix
A helpful tools:
Keep medications out of the hands of youth:
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
(Special promotion – parent workshop)
Set your teen up for success
(Understanding, insights and tips to respond to today’s teen issues)
- Saturday Feb. 25, 9am to noon. Sign in at 8:30
- Presenters: Joanna Jullien, CEO of Core Connectivity and Dr. Susan Landes, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Center in Auburn
- Location: Auburn
2017 Spring Core Connectivity Symposium
Forgiveness – A Strategy for Strengthening Family Relations
- Sat. April 29, 2017, 8:30am sign in/9am to 1:30 pm
- Lunch included
- Venue Sponsor: Parkside Church in Auburn
- 3885 Richardson Dr, Auburn, CA 95602
- Registration details coming soon!
3 Ways to Improve Student Wellness:
A response to the risk of youth marijuana addiction
- February 16, 2017, 5pm to 7:30pm
- Purpose: Increase knowledge of marijuana risk of harm to youth, and provide parents and educators with tangible tools and resources for teens
- Venue: Rocklin
Contact: Joanna for more information
Women’s Association for Addiction Treatment – Sacramento
- Wed. Feb. 8, 2017 11am to 1pm
- CCAPP Offices,2400 Marconi Ave. Suite B, Sacramento, CA
- Our featured speaker is Dr. Jessica Rodriguez, talking about how ACE (adverse childhood experiences) impact addictive behavior and other mental health disorders.
Core Connectivity and South Placer Teen Center Present:
- When: Wed. March 29, 2017 6:30pm to 8pm
- Where: South Placer Teen Center, 3860 Oak St., Rocklin, CA 95677
- RSVP to: Joanna Jullien
- Learn more here.
LET’S WORK TOGETHER
Host an event at your home, church, business or school
Fresh Start Families: Raising kids to be smarter than the devices
Core Connectivity offers Fresh Start Family Culture training to help parents exercise control over the home in ways that builds trust so as to instill discipline and empower family members. At this event you will learn:
- The threats and opportunities cyber technology introduces into the family and parent-child relationship
- How to establish age-appropriate boundaries for use of texting and social media
- Conversation tips about touchy subjects like bullying, sex, and drugs that are featured in the social network
- Establish and communicate house rules as empowerment for you and your family
To book an event at your school or church, contact Joanna or 916-521-7203
Form a small parent support group.
I offer private parent support group facilitation. Create a unique parent community to share common concerns about the challenges our children face today, celebrate the unique qualities of our children, and do our own inner work to become better versions of ourselves as parents — the trusted resource and teacher for life for our children.
To learn more about establishing a support group at your home, church or school contact Joanna or 916-521-7203
I offer private training sessions to help families establish discipline with the use of technology and strengthen bonds. This personalized training also helps create a home environment that promotes healing for individual family members recovering from mental health issues and addictions.
Fresh Start Family – Two 90-minutes sessions. To take an assessment and discuss whether this will meet your family need, contact Joanna or 916-521-7203
We certify Educators, Counselors and Therapists to integrate Fresh Start family culture principles into their practice
Professionals working with children who suffer from anxiety, depression and addiction, often encounter challenges when parents are uncertain or lack confidence about their leadership role at home to promote healing. Fresh Start principles of family culture will enable your practice to more effectively engage the parent in their role at home to promote healing.
Learn more about Fresh Start Certification
Schedule an appointment to discuss Fresh Start Certification for your practice: contact Joanna
About: We are a non-profit education center founded in Roseville, CA to strengthen the parent-child bond in a hyper-connected world. Our mission is to restore families with the mustard seed of faith that declares liberty already belongs to the soul because one God, the Creator of all humanity, grants every human being intelligence and free will to choose what to believe, and that is power that can never be taken, but is easily surrendered to the bully, the drug or the device. To that end, ten percent of all proceeds are donated to prison ministries. Your donations are greatly appreciated. (Donations are payable to Banana Moments Foundation).
Joanna Jullien is an author, educator and consultant on strengthening the parent-child relationship in a cyber-powered world. She is a former technology executive trained in behavioral science at U.C. Berkeley, a mother of two grown sons, and an author of books for practical guidance on parenting, growing up and family life in the network culture. As a family and technology culture advisor, Joanna has appeared on 103.9FM The Fish, 710AM Keeping Faith in America, 1380AM The Answer, and Examiner.com.
- Cyber Safety for Kids and Families (Videos)
- Follow Joanna @cyberparenting
- Like Core Connectivity
- Request Core Connectivity updates via email
- Contact: Joanna