We are not alone, and yet the cyber-powered world inspires a tsunami of anxiety emotion that can isolate us as we sit in the same rooms, cafes and church pews.
Yes we can choose to be revived as parent leaders who by our faith and the grace of God are empowered to reclaim the children and save ourselves in the process. So the seminal question for the modern parent is how do we impart wisdom to kids who believe that they can simply “google” anything they need to know?
There is an app for that.
It is the mustard seed of faith that makes a free society possible: God is sovereign over the life of an individual (A) and He grants individuals intelligence and free will (a); and so therefore power is something that cannot be taken away, but it can be surrendered. In that sense parents are household executives and children are emerging executives. we are all learning executives with power (free will) over our own hearts and minds. The challenge is to deploy your faith as the primary “app” for the heart and mind every day:
(A) God’s authority + ( a) man’s authority = Aa is the authority to reap the benefits of and overcome undue influence of the cyber and physical realms of the world
So by aligning our parent heart with God’s will for our children – for them to learn how to become self-governing executives steering their own ships in the social network and in the flesh, we can govern the home with confidence and create a shelter from the tsunami anxiety storms of the cyber and physical realms.
Parenting Worksheets and Tips
- A Teenager’s Guide: How to Get Mom Off My Back – She’s Driving Me Nuts!
- Preparing for a fun summer that also sharpens academic skills
- Governing the cyber-powered home
- Dealing with internet porn and sexting and Fresh Start video
- Confronting the cyberbully at school and home
- Communicating the value of virtues to the cyber-powered child
- Cyber Rites of Passage – How to Set Age Appropriate Boundaries and Maintain Open Communication with Your Child
- Dealing with discipline and power issues
- Practical value of the Sacraments for the Modern Family
- Why today’s teens and millennials may not believe older generations care about them
Thus saith the Lord, Refrain thy voice from weeping, And thine eyes from tears: For thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord; And they shall come again from the land of the enemy. And there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord, That thy children shall come again to their own border. – Jeremiah 31: 16-17