We teach people how to create a more peaceful version of family in the face of the challenges of modern life, including: anxiety and depression; power struggles with family members who won’t put down their devices; hostility and strong emotion disturbing the peace in the home; gossip, cyberbullying, and explicit photo shares; addictions (to apps, devices, sex, drugs, etc.); and enormous pressure to believe things that are not true and focus on things that don’t really matter.
NEW 2018 Class
- Sierra College Roseville Campus
- April 11 and April 18, 2018 6pm to 9pm
- Learn more and register here.
- Instructor: Joanna Jullien
Fresh Start Family – Two 90-minutes sessions with Joanna. Learn about the tools to give you control over the things you can control, and identify the best resources to meet your family needs.
- If you wonder whether your child is ready for a smart phone, we offer speciﬁc tools to prepare you and your child to regulate the use of technology in the home.
- If you are concerned that your child may be the target of direct or online bullying, we can help you learn to detect and respond to bully experiences. Only 20 to 30% of students who are bullied notify adults about their suffering.
- If you suspect or have caught your teen using drugs and/or alcohol, we help you learn something about your child’s issues and life experiences, and how you can become a trusted resource to overcome adversity, seek drug counseling and/or treatment, and create a wellness family culture grounded in open communication.
- If internet devices are making conversations difﬁcult in your home, we show you how to get your family to put down the smartphone and communicate.
- If your child’s sexuality is the subject of online attacks, we offer insights and tools to communicate openly about sex and sexuality with your child so that pedophiles, sexting, internet porn, and other nefarious actors are less likely to trap your child into a sexually exploitative relationship
To learn more and book your sessions, contact Joanna or 916-521-7203
Signs, Symptoms and Risks of Teen Alcohol and Other Drug Use
- January 31, 2018, 5:30pm to 8pm
- Parent Resource Night in Lincoln
- With Coalition for Placer Youth, Auburn and Lincoln
- Lincoln Crossing Elementary School
- 635 Groveland, Lincoln, CA 95648